Sunday, March 13, 2011

Rainy Day Creation




Rain, rain and more rain - only a handful of several fine days in a row since October last year. Mouldy house, unfinished paint job, washing clothes becoming a challenge without a clothes-dryer and yet it all seems so insignificant when the news comes on and we sit stunned at the devastating losses incurred in 2011's latest catastrophe as it unfolds in Japan. Shock, horror, disbelief and once again we are reminded of just how fragile our world is.



We are sooooo lucky, regardless of what happens to us for there is always someone in the world going through more pain than we can ever imagine isn't there? Our love and healing thoughts go to everyone who is suffering right now.



I must say that rainy days do wonders for the creative spirit though - maybe because of that trapped inside feeling of 'what can I do today'? .... or in my case it might just be..... 'I must get to those customer orders that are sitting there waiting for my attention'.



Anyway, I just thought I would share an image of this magnificent cream rose swag that I made for a special customer today. It is almost a metre in length and will be used as a back-drop behind her bed........hope she likes it!! You can find all of these flowers in my website http://www.whimsicalimaginings.com.au/ or maybe you would like to do a workshop and learn how to make your own fabulous swag!



Until next time, remember to love what you do and do what you love, Jule x

No comments: