Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sew What?

Sewing may not be my favourite pastime but I absolutely love the vintage style Singer machines and was lucky enough to find this one recently at a garage sale. It had an old piece of pin-studded cloth wrapped around it which has caused some of the lovely gold ornamental writing to be worn off, but I'm okay with that because it's all part of the story......what sort of amazing garments were created with this machine, I wonder??
It is now residing on the mountain, officially retired from work other to look totally gorgeous as a fabulous prop for my laces!






Speaking of sewing (just kidding), I thought I would share my latest 'before and after' project with you. Please forgive me if you do love sewing but there's not a stitch in sight here, as my little dolly was totally transformed with my trusty glue gun :-)) Sew what??
I discovered this young lady hiding at the back of an op-shop looking very sad and lonely, so she came to the mountain for a little pampering and a whimsical make-over. All of the Miss Rose Sister Violet laces and trims have been hand-dyed in delicate aqua, then strategically positioned so as to give the illusion of a beautiful garment. Her hair has been embellished with small pieces of baroque trim complete with sparkly gems and gold threads, and all in all she is now delightfully happy with her new look don't you think?


If you have a doll or a even a teddy bear that needs a little T.L.C. or facelift, please don't hesitate to contact me to help you with your project and you will find all of the trims and laces you need in my on-line store at www.whimsicalimaginings.com.au

Until next time, I wish you happy days and lots of special moments.

Jule x

No comments: